For timekeepers it is getting more and more important to increase the value of the detections and amaze customers, athletes, spectators and sponsors with a fantastic timing service. Our solution for predictive tracking processes the sporadic reads from start-, splits- & finish antennas for a comprehensive & smooth live visualization of the race.
Advantages of predictive live visualization:
- Scales up to many participants 50,000+
- Solution is working in water, see best practice sample below.
- Participants carry transponders, no additional GPS units needed.
- Our prediction can be combined with GPS tracking of ambulances, sweep wagon, leading group ...
Best practice: predictive live tracking of swimming events
WASE timing is the leading timekeeper for open water swimming in Australia. WASE optimized the application of RACE|RESULT track boxes for live detections of this use case. WASE uses active transponders in (salt)water and mounts the antennas on buoys and in canoes. Watch the open water swimming series replay of race 5: https://racemap.com/player/21_22-WAOWS-race5
Check these four reasons what makes racemap predictive tracking easy-to-use for timekeepers:
- RACE|RESULT readers have an internal GPS module to forward their locations. Our auto-mapping relates the reader's locations with the racecourse, automatically. Our model maps an antenna which is physically placed in a lap to each lap of the racecourse. The user does not need to define the readers locations, manually.
- Moving reader: Our algorithm processes the respective location for each detection to support changing positions of the readers during the race, e.g. moving track boxes in a canoe or the car of the race director.
- Multiple contests detection: One reader can detect several contests with different racecourses, simultaneously. Racemap assigns the reads to the correct track, corresponding to transponder and contest.
- High performance: Our prediction calculates the location and speed for more than 50,000 participants at the same time.
Read all information about our solution for predictive live tracking in our documentation: https://docs.racemap.com/predictive-tracking-with-data-from-timekeeping